Revised: December 12, 2012
IntoNow is a mobile app in which TV fans can engage with others via discussion around the shows they love. Like any community, we have some core values that must be honored. Your use of IntoNow is subject to the IntoNow Community Guidelines & the Terms of Service.
We encourage you to:
- Assume all comments on IntoNow will be seen by someone. Feel free to express yourself, but do it in a respectful, meaningful way.
- Try to convey your dislike of content in a non-hurtful way. i.e. "This show is not as good as I was expecting, given who is producing it.î Don't make rude statements about TV shows and the people that watch them. i.e. "This show is moronic and anybody who wastes their time watching it is a loser.î There are nicer ways to express your displeasure. Consider changing the channel and joining the discussion on something else.
- Pick a profile picture that is appropriate for any audience and does not show nudity or anything obscene. Remember, we've got TV fans of different ages and levels of taste here.
- Don't use the discussions to advertise a business, website, or application.
- Show some love to your fellow community members. Capits and leave encouraging comments. If you've got some love left over, "like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
- If you feel so overcome with emotion that you feel like you need to swear, do it in a creative way. For instance, "This penny gaff is something only chavies would enjoy. (This show stinks.) Or modify your speech, i.e., That beeeeeeeeeeeeep treated her like a beeeep. Posts with blatant profanity may be removed.
- Know that however well you express yourself, someone may misunderstand you. Please try to keep a pleasant tone in your comments.
- Consider the show's likely viewers when making comments and Capits. Game of Thrones and SpongeBob Square Pants have vastly different audiences.
- Do not create Capits of gore, genuine violence, or nudity. We do our best to prevent shows that feature these things prominently from having the ability to Capit, but sometimes, they sneak through.
Respect yourself and your community
- Take care of your fellow users. If you see a comment or a Capit that is offensive, you can flag it for moderation. Our community manager will take a look at it, in context, and judge it according to these community guidelines and the Terms of Service.
- Tag your posts in discussion as spoilers, if they are indeed, spoilers. There will always be someone watching a show for the first time. Don't ruin it for others.
- Be the better person. Please, resist the urge to feed the trolls.
- Respect each other and the community. You are what makes this app a great place to hang out. Keep it shiny.
- Be careful about the personal information you share within the app. Don't share others' personal information without their consent.
- Be tolerant and respectful.
- Nobody likes a meanie. Don't abuse or bully. Anything derogatory or will not be tolerated.
- Channel your anger appropriately; don't take out your rage on other members of the community.
- This is a discussion app, not a pickup bar. Don't harass or bother someone once they've said "No."
- Understand that sometimes things can get a little heated. Discussions can get out of hand. We're prepared to give you a second chance if you're not obviously trolling, but if you are being abusive or hateful, we will ban you.
- Recognize the difference between criticism of a show, political party, celebrity, organization, etc. and a direct criticism of yourself. For example, if you're watching a game and someone in discussions starts dumping haterade on your team, resist the urge to attack them personally.
Violating the Community Guidelines may result in the termination of your IntoNow account without warning. For Yahoo! users, violations may also result in the termination of your Yahoo! ID, and consequently, access to all other Yahoo! services.
These guidelines are fluid and will change and grow with the community. We reserve the right to revise these guidelines at any time and without notice.